Zucchini or any other kind of summer squash will work in this easy vegetable side dish. Serve with grilled chicken or fish for a quick and healthy dinner.
Serving Size: 3/4 cup
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ teaspoon anchovy paste
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pound summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pound zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried
- ½ teaspoon salt
Heat oil, garlic, anchovy paste and crushed red pepper in a large skillet over medium heat until the garlic is sizzling and fragrant, 2 to 4 minutes. Add squash and zucchini. Cook, stirring occasionally, until very tender, 12 to 16 minutes. Stir in oregano and salt.