Recipe by: Pam Lolley
The tangy-sweet dressing in this spinach salad beautifully amplifies the apples and cranberries--and the creamy goat cheese transforms it into the perfect salad. Tasters raved about this easy fall salad. If you can't find Pink Lady apples, any sweet, crisp apple is a worthy substitute. Want to make this salad a main meal? Top with some rotisserie chicken, chickpeas or tofu..
Serving Size: About 1 1/2 cups
Per Servings: 214 calories; protein 4g; carbohydrates 22g; dietary ber 4g; sugars 16g; fat 13g; saturated fat 3g; calcium 74mg; potassium 129mg; sodium 210mg; added sugar 9g.
Ready in: 15 mins
3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 4 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot (from 1 small shallot)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Opus Black
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 2 large Pink Lady apples, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped toasted pecans, divided
Whisk together vinegar, mustard, syrup, shallot, salt and pepper in a small bowl; slowly whisk in olive oil until completely blended.
Toss together spinach, apples, dried cranberries, half of the pecans and dressing in a large bowl. Transfer to a serving platter and sprinkle with goat cheese and remaining pecans. Serve immediately.