Lemon Shrimp & Orzo Salad
Recipe By: Adam Dolge
Consider making a double batch of this easy pasta salad it's delicious the next day. The orzo will absorb the dressing as it sits, so add a little more olive oil and lemon juice if you'd like.
Per Servings: 467 calories; protein 32.9g; carbohydrates 49.7g; dietary fiber 7.7g; sugars 5.2g; fat 16.3g; saturated fat 2.3g; cholesterol 182.6mg; vitamin a iu 1250.8IU; vitamin c 57.5mg; folate 44.2mcg; calcium 136.5mg; iron 4.6mg; magnesium 114.8mg; potassium 586.1mg; sodium 490mg.
Ready in: 20 mins
- 8 ounces whole-wheat orzo
- 1 pound peeled and deveined raw shrimp (21-25 per pound), cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 cups sugar snap peas, cut into bite-size pieces
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Zest & juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup finely chopped dill, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil over high heat. Add orzo and cook for 7 minutes. Add shrimp and peas and cook until the peas are tender and the shrimp are cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes more. Drain.
Meanwhile, whisk oil, lemon zest and juice, dill, shallot, mustard, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
Add the orzo, shrimp and peas to the bowl and toss to combine. Serve warm or at room temperature and garnished with more dill, if desired.
To make ahead: Refrigerate for up to 1 day.