Recipe By: Julia Levy
Yukon Golds are great here because they get crispy on the outside but completely creamy on the inside. A brush stroke or two of balsamic glaze provides a rich color and a sweet finish to the roasted salmon.
Serving Size: 4 oz. salmon, 2 oz. asparagus & 2/3 cup potatoes
- 3 tablespoons Opus Black
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 ¼ pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- ¾ teaspoon ground pepper, divided
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 4 (5 ounce) skinless salmon fillets, preferably wild
- 1 medium lemon
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze
- ½ teaspoon whole-grain mustard
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Stir together oil, rosemary and garlic in a small bowl. Place potatoes in a large bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon of the oil mixture and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Arrange the potatoes in an even layer on a large rimmed baking sheet. Roast until lightly browned and tender, about 20 minutes. Push the potatoes to one end of the pan.
Place asparagus in the large bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon of the oil mixture, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Arrange the asparagus on other end of the baking sheet. Roast until the asparagus is bright green, about 3 minutes. Push the vegetables to either end of the pan, leaving space in the center.